Located in the Mission/Noe Valley neighborhood
About Juan Carlos Acupuncture
The Turning Point
_Three questions have motivated and inspired me to study nutrition, systems thinking, community health, and Traditional Chinese Medicine:
1) How, in the midst of our ever changing, stressful lives, can we maintain a reasonable amount of balance and well-being?
2) What are the triggers that throw us into a state of internal chaos or disease?
3) What are some ways of regaining our health?
I believe my integrated approach of acupuncture, Shiatsu massage, herbal treatment, and Traditional Chinese Medicine addresses these questions, and is a profound way to help people live more balanced and fulfilling lives.
It is both my pleasure and honor to share this approach to wellness and vitality with you.
About Juan Carlos Collins
Juan Carlos Collins has been in private practice for five years. He specializes in Classical Chinese Medicine.
Licensed Acupuncturist by the State of California Acupuncture Board.
Master of Arts, Chinese Medicine, American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Diplomate in Canonical Chinese Medicine, Classic Chinese Medicine, Institute of Classics in East Asian Medicine. A two-year course with Arnaud Versluys covering the classic texts of medicine, the Shang Han Lun and Jing Gui Yao Lue.
- Internal Medicine, Complex Diseases, Pulse Diagnosis, Abdominal Diagnosis (Fukushin), Acupuncture.
- Herbal formula architecture, modifications and dosages for chronic and acute disease.
"Juan Carlos has a wonderful understanding of the fundamentals of Chinese medicine, and deep respect for the energetics of the foundation. The pulse is carefully considered and understood while his treatments are insightful to the mechanisms underlying the pathology of our ailments." -S.S.
Juan Carlos Acupuncture
Mission/Noe Valley - 3857 20th Street, San Francisco, California